ECD Leadership & Management)
This is a non-accredited course. However, some modules covered do align with SAQA credits.
During this course delegates will be given guidance on how to lead a team and manage an ECD centre effectively, including the legal and administrative requirements they need to implement. Assessment of delegates will take place throughout the course. At the end of the course, a certificate of attendance is issued.
Purpose of this skills course:
The purpose of this course is to train delegates to be able to administer, run and manage effective community-based small scale ECD services and how to work with a committee. The five main training goals for this course are:
- The effective functioning of the ECD site is evident and maintained.
- Staff are supervised and their development is supported.
- Available material resources are effectively managed and additional resources are sought as needed.
- Required administrative systems are maintained.
Recipients of this skills course will know how to:
- Manage the Early Childhood Development (ECD) service.
- Manage the organisational systems and structures.
- Supervise staff and support their development.
- Manage material and financial resources.
- Maintain administrative systems.
- Preparing documents for all registration requirements.